in order to fulfill the goal for helene’s bonus “thing” in Learn & Play @CML, here are 10 random things about me:
- i am a classically-trained pianist.
- i am ambidextrous. i eat with my left hand but do everything else with my right hand. but i can do everything with my left hand that i can do with the right, even writing. i’m mixed up, i think.
- these things freak me out: dolls, puppets, and clowns.
- my creative outlet is card-making. i have a whole studio devoted to making art, burning things and soldering.
- i ❤ dogs and have two of my own, along with 2 cats. i like to give my pets people names ’cause i think it’s funny. my pets are rudy, miss esther, lucy and beatrice.
- i want to be a yoga instructor someday.
- i started playing the banjo this past april and have done pretty well for a beginner. i’m in a band called The Hawaii 63 and sometimes i’ve been known to “sing” (if you can call it that) about my cat (esther) that hides a lot. oh, and she’s a kitty-ninja.
- i love to garden and i like to make outdoor sculptures and art from rusty metal things, especially old farm implements.
- yes… i know how to western square dance. it’s not a talent i’m especially fond of, but i might as well come clean about it now before the rumors start.
- i love movies that have ray harryhausen’s special effects. stop-motion animation rocks my world. i was raised on rankin-bass christmas specials! i also love godzilla movies.
there you go! all done!